The Fourth Companion

May 23, 2004

The Office on Weekends

I've always loved the idea of having a private getaway, whether it is hiding away in a cafe, or a park, or a library, a tree house in the yard, or even in my own bedroom late at nights doing my readings. There's something special about being away from people for a moment and being able to focus on what is important.

I get that special feeling working in the office on weekends. This place is practically deserted. The only guys who are here are those who have tight deadlines and requirements breathing down their backs, and these are guys from the other team. Guys from my team are nowhere to be seen, I'm the only one.

If you're wondering, I'm not in the office because I have tight deadlines and requirements breathing down my back. There's always a Monday for me you see. I come to the office because it's my little getaway. I deliberately plan work for me to do on the weekends knowing that I'll enjoy doing it. It's almost like planning to meet a sweet-heart after a week of being busy everywhere else.

And so I'll be sitting tight in my own cubicle with the fans on (no Air Conditioning unless there're more than 7 ppl on the same floor). It's quiet, and there's no one else, so I can play any music as loud as I can. And I can really really work without any interruptions. The office on weekends is really like a summer getaway, and I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home