The Fourth Companion

June 14, 2004

"Sometimes you have not even begun to speak - and I am at the end of what you are saying."

"You listen to so much more than I can say. You hear consciousness. You go with me where the words I say can’t carry you."

"Each and every one of us, dear Mary, must have a resting place somewhere. The resting place of my soul is a beautiful grove where my knowledge of you lives."

"I care about your happiness just as you care about mine. I could not be at peace if you were not."

"The most wonderful thing, Mary, is that you and I are always walking together, hand in hand, in a strangely beautiful world, unknown to other people. We both stretch one hand to receive from Life - and Life is generous indeed."

:: Kahlil Gibran to Mary Haskell, in Love Letters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home