The Fourth Companion

July 19, 2005

It's been awhile

It's been awhile since I last blogged. To be honest, I don't know what to write about. But I guess it's a good practice anyway - you know, expressing your thoughts and views in as a mechanism for "unleashing" those otherwise hidden and surpressed tension in your mind.

Speaking of tension, I've been pretty tensed lately. There seems to be so many things to do with so little time - and everyone doesn't seem to care at all that I'm being stretched thin all over the place.

I find it miraculous that I'm still in one piece (knowing my tendency to be ultimately depressed whenever I realize that I'm in such a state of disorganization).

Disorganization is the word - that's it. So it's not that i have too many things to do with little time -it's just that I haven't really sat down and have it organized.

I got this realization from playing a computer game - (a WWII wargame called Hearts of Iron 2) - that what defeats a person is usually not his lack of ability but his lack of organization. In the game, to defeat an opponent's army - you won't go all out to kill every single enemy soldier, what you do is disrupt their level of organization so the thousands of soliders that they have will not be able to function as an army - due to inability to communicate effectively, low morale, etc.

And i think that's what's happening with me - I'm feeling defeat beacause I can sense that my level of organization is deterrioriating. There are things that have been in my tray for weeks which I haven't even gotten a chance to put a personal deadline on - while at the same time things seem to be happening that keeps adding new and newer things on my tray.

So what have I been doing to improve my level of organization? Well I've been building ground-rules/principles to help me make good use of my time (you know.. where you categorize the things that you have to do to :routinities, special projects, etc.. then assign time for each of them weekly, daily, etc.. ) I guess it's much like planning a budget except that the currency won't be in dollars and cents but in days, hours, minutes, and seconds.

Speaking of which.. i'm running out of time. I have to ciao. there's an important dinner at 6.30pm and i have to go home, shower, drink kopi, freshen up so that I can put on that charming smile for people to see.

adios people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home